The following are the books that I have published
Implement a Centralized Cloud Storage Infrastructure with Oracle Automatic Storage Management
Build and manage a scalable, highly available cloud storage solution. Filled with detailed examples and best practices, this Oracle Press guide explains how to set up a complete cloud-based storage system using Oracle Automatic Storage Management. Find out how to prepare hardware, build disk groups, efficiently allocate storage space, and handle security. Database Cloud Storage: The Essential Guide to Oracle Automatic Storage Management shows how to monitor your system, maximize throughput, and ensure consistency across servers and clusters.
- Manage Oracle ASM Instances and configure Oracle RDBMS instances to leverage Oracle ASM
- Define, discover, and manage disk storage under Oracle ASM
- Create external, normal-redundancy, and high-redundancy disk groups
- Add and remove Oracle ASM storage without affecting RDMS instance availability
- Learn how Oracle ASM provides even I/O distribution
- Work with Oracle ASM directories, files, templates, and aliases
- Improve storage performance and integrity using the ASMLIB API
- Simplify system administration with the Oracle ASM command line interface
- Understand key internal Oracle ASM structures and algorithms
Build and manage a scalable storage infrastructure with Oracle Automatic Storage Management
Streamline data management and provisioning using Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) and the detailed information contained in this exclusive Oracle Press resource. Written by a team of database experts, Oracle Automatic Storage Management: Under-the-Hood & Practical Deployment Guide explains how to build and maintain a dynamic, highly available Oracle database storage environment. Inside, you’ll learn how to configure storage for Oracle ASM, build disk groups, use data striping and mirroring, and optimize performance. You’ll also learn how to ensure consistency across server and storage platforms, maximize data redundancy, and administer Oracle ASM from the command line.
Oracle ASM continues to be the best practice to implementing Oracle Databases. Whether you are leveraging a single instance database or a clustered database with RAC, you can benefit from the real-life examples to administering and maintaining ASM from this book. Consolidated by Charles Kim and Nitin Vengurlekar, this pocket reference guide is loaded with command line interface syntax for Oracle ASM 11g Release 2 or Oracle ASM 12c. It does not matter if you are a newbie to ASM or a long time veteran, this pocket reference guide is packed with relevant tidbits.
Master Oracle Data Guard 11g
Provide superior data protection, availability, and disaster recovery using the tested techniques in this Oracle Press guide. Cowritten by a team of Oracle experts, Oracle Data Guard 11g Handbook provides a sound architectural foundation along with best practices for configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting. You will get full details on implementing deployment architectures to address requirements that extend beyond disaster recovery. This invaluable resource also includes a complete set of monitoring scripts available for download.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for your Oracle database to meet your organization’s requirements
- Configure and deploy Oracle Data Guard for your environment
- Tune and troubleshoot your physical and logical standby databases
- Implement the Oracle Data Guard Broker management framework
- Integrate with Oracle Grid Control
- Monitor your Oracle Data Guard environment
- Enable read-only services and disaster recovery with Oracle Active Data Guard
- Configure seamless database and application failover
- Minimize planned downtime using Oracle Data Guard switchover
- Handle backup and recovery with Oracle Recovery Manager